This delectable White Pizza is topped with olive oil, garlic, & white cheeses (no tomato sauce! ), resulting in a simple Italian masterpiece!
Time To Make It
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Calories|
|10 minutes||15 minutes||25 minutes||152 kcal|
Ingredients For White Pizza
To make the White Pizza, the ingredients which are required to make this White Pizza the following which are shown below:
- One big pizza dough
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced 8 oz ball fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Ricotta cheese, 1/3 cup
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper ¼ tsp
- Teaspoon dried oregano 1/8
- Teaspoon dried thyme 1/8
- 1/3 cup Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Optional Arugula topping:
- lemon juice
- lemon juice
- salt & pepper a pinch
Instructions For White Pizza
To make the White Pizza, these are some very important instructions that you have to follow while making it. So by following these ones you will be able to make the White Pizza and the instructions are the following which are shown below:
- Stretch the pizza dough to the desired size. Preheat the oven to 425°F and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush with olive oil and garlic powder.
- In a small mixing dish, combine the ricotta, salt, pepper, and herbs. Distribute the ingredients on the pizza in a thin layer. Put thin slices of fresh mozzarella and half of the pecorino cheese on top.
- Bake at 425°F for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and, if wanted, sprinkle with the remaining pecorino and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Mix fresh arugula with lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Just before serving, sprinkle on top of pizza.
If you want to save time, bake the dough ahead of time, let it cool fully, and keep it covered in the refrigerator for 1-2 days until ready to add toppings and bake. The whole pizza may be be constructed ahead of time (1-2 days).
Freezing Instructions: Freeze the pizza crust or dough for optimal results. Check out my pizza dough freezing tips.
Possible Recipe Variations:
- Cheese: Use your preferred cheeses, such as shredded mozzarella or cheddar.
- Toppings: Like with most pizzas, almost anything goes when it comes to toppings! We really like fresh arugula sprinkled with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Sauce: Try using alfredo sauce or white garlic sauce instead of pizza sauce on your white pizza (for those of you really missing that traditional tomato taste).