A step-by-step recipe for wheat pizza dough. This pizza dough recipe is faster, easier, and more nutritious than standard pizza crust!
Time To Make It
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Calories|
|1 hr 30 minutes||30 minutes||2 hrs||592 kcal|
Equipments That Are Required
- Pizza Stone
- Pizza Peel
- Stand Mixer optional
Ingredients For Wheat Pizza Dough
To make the Wheat Pizza Dough, the ingredients which are required to make this recipe are the following which are shown below:
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon dried active yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil 1 tsp salt 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups regular flour
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves, dried
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
Instructions For Wheat Pizza Dough
To make the Wheat Pizza Dough, these are some very important instructions that you have to follow while making it. So by following these ones you will be able to make the Wheat Pizza Dough and the instructions are the following which are shown below:
- Stir warm water & honey into the bowl of a stand mixer. Let for a 5-10 minute break to enable the yeast to proof. (If it doesn’t bubble up on top, your yeast was bad.)
- Stir in the olive oil, salt, and spices to mix. Mix in 1 cup of whole wheat flour and 1 cup of all-purpose flour. Blend until the dough begins to come together.
- Knead the dough with your stand mixer (or by hand on an oiled worktop) for 7-10 minutes, or until it is smooth and elastic. If necessary, add extra flour. The dough should be somewhat sticky to the touch, but not adhere to your finger.
- Turn the dough in an oiled bowl to coat the surface. Let to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- After the dough has doubled in size, split it into 2-3 balls according on how thin or thick you want your crust to be. I normally make three medium-sized, thinner-crust pizzas, although two bigger pizzas might be made.
- Lightly spray or sprinkle your work surface with cooking spray or flour. Roll and stretch the dough to the desired pizza size using a rolling pin or your hands. Prick yourself all over with a fork.
- Bake the pizza dough for 6 minutes at 450 degrees on a pizza pan or on a pizza stone. Take the dough and top with pizza sauce and your favorite toppings. Bake for 8-10 minutes longer, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Plan ahead of time Instructions:
Option 1: Knead the dough until it reaches the first rise. Put the dough in an airtight container in the refrigerator to rise overnight or for several hours before rolling out and prebaking.
Option 2: Fully prepare the pizza dough, including a 6-minute pre-bake in the oven. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for several hours, or until ready to bake your pizza.
Above in the article, you’ll find directions for freezing pizza dough.