Handmade Vegetable Pizza with a homemade dough & pesto sauce, mozzarella cheese, and your choice of veggies!
Time To Make It
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Calories|
|15 minutes||6 minutes||21 minutes||267 kcal|
Ingredients For Pesto Veggie Pizza
To make the Pesto Veggie Pizza, the ingredients which are required to make this recipe are the following which are shown below:
- 1 pizza crust, prepared & cooked for 5 minutes.
- a half-cup pesto sauce
- zucchini , thinly sliced
- baby spinach or arugula
- bell pepper , any color, sliced
- purple onion , thinly sliced
- cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Artichoke, mushrooms, asparagus, and broccoli are among more topping options.
Instructions For Pesto Veggie Pizza
To make the Pesto Veggie Pizza, these are some very important instructions that you have to follow while making it. So by following these ones you will be able to make the Pesto Veggie Pizza and the instructions are the following which are shown below:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover the crust with a thin coating of pesto sauce.
- Add mozzarella cheese, leafy greens, and veggies on top.
- Sprinkle with a little additional mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts and becomes bubbly. Remove from the oven and top with fresh cracked pepper and salt, as well as a small drizzle of high quality olive oil, if preferred.
Plan ahead of time Make the crust ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator or freezer. I also prefer to chop the vegetables ahead of time so that this vegetarian pizza comes together quickly.
Freezing Put the pizza in a freezer-safe container (cut into pieces if preferred) and freeze for 2-3 months. Thaw at room temperature or reheat in the oven at 350°F until well warmed. Unbaked pizza may be frozen as well.
Recipe Variations and adaptations:
- Substitute marinara, homemade ranch, white pizza sauce, & ranch cream cheese (16 oz. cream cheese, ½ cup mayo, and 1 packet dry ranch seasoning) for the sauce.
- It may be served hot or cold.
- Toppings may be changed: check the other vegetable suggestions above, or add bacon, chicken, or ham.
- Crescent roll dough: buy two crescent roll dough packages and roll them up parallel to each other on a sheet pan, pushing the ends together with your fingers. Bake for approximately 10 minutes at 375 degrees, then add toppings & bake a couple of minutes more.
- Serve with garlic cheesy breadsticks.