A step-by-step tutorial on creating your own pizza dough. This simple pizza dough recipe is fast and economical, and it can be used to make thin or thick crust pizza!
Time To Make It
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Calories|
|1 hr 30 minutes||10 minutes||1 hr 40 minutes||751 kcal|
Equipments That Are Required
- Pizza Stone
- Pizza Peel
- Stand Mixer
Ingredients For Easy Pizza Dough
To make the Easy Pizza Dough, the ingredients which are required to make this recipe are the following which are shown below:
- 2 1/4 tablespoons dried active yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt 1 tsp white vinegar
- 3 3/4 to 4 cup bread flour (bread flour works best, but all purpose works fine)
Instructions For Easy Pizza Dough
To make the Easy Pizza Dough, these are some very important instructions that you have to follow while making it. So by following these ones you will be able to make the Easy Pizza Dough and the instructions are the following which are shown below:
- Combine ½ cup warm water, sugar, and yeast in the big bowl of a stand mixer. Mix in the yeast and let aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine the olive oil, salt, and vinegar with the remaining 1 cup of heated water.
- Begin mixing on medium-low speed, gradually adding the flour, and knead for approximately 7 minutes, or until the dough is smooth and elastic. The dough should be somewhat sticky, but not so much that it adheres to your fingers when you touch it.
- Cover the dish with a dry cloth and set aside in a warm area for 1 to ½ hours for a double volume.
- Punch the dough down gently and set it on a lightly oiled or floured worktop. Split the dough into two or three equal pieces (depending on the thickness of your crust and the size of your pizza). I prepare three medium-sized pizzas with thinner crusts. Nevertheless, two bigger pizzas might be made).
- Roll and stretch the dough to the appropriate thickness and size.
- Let the dough to rest while preheating the oven to 450°F. Place a pizza stone (or a baking pan) in the oven to preheat as it warms.
- Prick the pizza dough all over with a fork after gently brushing it with olive oil. Bake the dough for 6 minutes on a heated pizza stone or on a pizza pan.
- Remove from the oven and cover with pizza sauce and toppings. Return to the oven for 8-15 minutes longer, or until the crust is brown and the cheese is bubbling.
Option 1: Knead the dough until it reaches the first rise. Put the dough in an airtight container in the refrigerator to rise overnight or for several hours before rolling out and prebaking.
Option 2: Fully prepare the pizza dough, including a 6-minute pre-bake in the oven. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for several hours, or until ready to bake your pizza.
To freeze the dough, follow these steps: Shape the dough into a ball and gently spray it on both sides. Wrap it in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 months in a ziplock freezer bag. Place the frozen pizza dough in the refrigerator overnight to defrost and roll out when ready to pre-bake.
To freeze the pre-baked crust, let it to cool fully before wrapping it in plastic wrap and tinfoil and storing it in the freezer. Only pre-baked crust without toppings should be frozen!